Becoming a Google Ads Specialist is a great way to start or further your career in digital marketing. To become a Google Ads Specialist, you will need to learn how Google Ads works and understand how the Google Ads certification works. You must also choose your Google Ads certifications and get Google Ads certified. This blog post will outline the steps you need to take to become certified and land your first job in this field.
- 1 What is a Google Ads Specialist?
- 2 Understand How Google Ads Work
- 3 Getting to Know How the Google Ads Certification Process Works
- 4 Decide which Google Ads certification you want
- 5 Put your knowledge to work and gain more experience
- 6 Stay updated on Google Ads Changes
- 7 Collect client testimonials
- 8 Conclusion
What is a Google Ads Specialist?
A Google Ads Specialist is a professional certified by Google to manage and optimise Google Ads campaigns. Google Ads Specialists must have a deep understanding of how Google Ads works and how to manage campaigns to achieve desired results effectively.
Understand How Google Ads Work
Google Ads is a system in which advertisers compete against each other for ad space on Google.com and other Google properties. The position of an ad on the page is determined by the “Ad Rank” formula, which considers the bid amount, the quality of the ad, and the click-through rate.
Advertisers can choose to run their ads on a “cost-per-click” (CPC) or “cost-per-impression” (CPM) basis. CPC is the most common pricing model, where the advertiser pays Google every time someone clicks on their ad. CPM is less common but effective for specific ads, like brand awareness campaigns.
The quality of an ad is determined by a number of factors, including the ad’s relevance to the keywords being searched, the Landing Page experience, and the ad’s historical performance.
Click-through rate (CTR) is a good measure of the quality of an ad and is one of the factors determining Ad Rank. A high CTR means that people find your ad relevant and are more likely to click on it. A low CTR can be an indication that your ad is not relevant or is not well-written.
Improving the quality of your ads is an excellent way to improve your Ad Rank and get more clicks. Here are some tips for doing that:
- Make sure your ad is relevant to your target keywords.
- Write a clear and concise headline that accurately reflects your offering.
- Use relevant and targeted keywords in your ad text.
- Include a solid call to action, such as “click here to learn more.”
- Make sure your ad leads to a relevant and user-friendly landing page.
Getting to Know How the Google Ads Certification Process Works
Google Ads certification is an accreditation that Google offers to individuals who can successfully demonstrate proficiency in both basic and advanced concepts of Google Ads. The certification is free and can be completed online.
As of now, there is a total of 6 certifications as below:
- Google Ads Search Certification
- Shopping ads Certification
- Google Ads Video Certification
- Google Ads Display Certification
- Google Ads Measurement Certification
- Google Ads Apps Certification
To become certified, you must pass the corresponding exam for each certification. The exams are multiple-choice and cover a wide range of topics related to Google Ads.
Decide which Google Ads certification you want
Before becoming certified, you must choose which Google Ads certification(s) you want to pursue. If you’re unsure which one is right, we recommend taking the Google Ads Search certification exam first. This is the most popular and demanding certification and will give you a good foundation for the other exams.
To become certified in Google Ads Search, you must pass the Google Ads Search Certification exam. This exam covers keyword research, ad creation, and campaign management.
Once you’ve chosen your Google Ads certification, the next step is to get certified. To do this, you’ll need to pass the Google Ads Certification Exam. The exam comprises multiple-choice and true/false questions and covers all aspects of Google Ads, from creating an account to setting up and managing campaigns.
We recommend studying with a Google Ads certification course to prepare for the exam. These courses will teach you everything you need to know about Google Ads, from the basics of how it works to more advanced topics like campaign management and optimisation.
Once you’ve passed the exam, you’ll be officially certified and can add your certification to your resume and LinkedIn profile. Congrats!
Put your knowledge to work and gain more experience
To become a good Google Ads Specialist, you’ll need to put your knowledge to work and gain more experience. Here are some ways you can do that:
- Get a job working with Google Ads management companies. Many companies are looking for people with Google Ads experience.
- Start your own Google Ads campaign. You can create a campaign for your website or blog to get more experience working with the platform.
- Help friends and family members with their Google Ads campaigns. Many people don’t have the time or knowledge to set up and manage their campaigns, so they’ll be happy to have someone like you help them.
- Join an online community of Google Ads specialists. There are many online forums and groups where you can share tips and advice with other Google Ads users.
By following these tips, you can gain the experience you need to become a certified Google Ads Specialist.
Stay updated on Google Ads Changes
As a Google Ads Specialist, it is essential to keep up with the latest Google Ads changes. This can be done by subscribing to the Google Ads blog, following @googleads on Twitter, and regularly checking the Google Ads Help Center.
By staying up-to-date on the latest Google Ads changes, you’ll be able to provide the best possible service to your clients and stay ahead of the competition.
Collect client testimonials
A client testimonial is one of the most critical pieces of evidence to show that you’re a great Google Ads Specialist. They provide social proof that you know your stuff and show that you’ve actually helped people achieve their goals using Google Ads.
There are a few things you should keep in mind when collecting client testimonials:
- Make sure you get permission from your clients before using their testimonials.
- Keep the testimonials focused on the results you achieved for the client.
- Use testimonials from a variety of clients, including both small businesses and large enterprises.
- Use testimonials from clients in different industries to show you have a wide range of experience.
- Make sure the testimonials are recent so potential clients can see that you’re up-to-date with the latest Google Ads trends.
If you follow these tips, you’ll collect testimonials to help you close more business deals and show potential clients that you’re the Google Ads Specialist they’ve been looking for.
Becoming a certified Google Ads Specialist is a great way to show potential clients you know your stuff when managing their Google Ads campaigns. But before getting certified, you’ll need to work to gain the experience and knowledge you need to pass the exam.
Once certified, you can start collecting client testimonials to show off your skills and close more business deals. And by staying up-to-date on the latest Google Ads changes, you’ll be able to provide the best possible service to your clients and stay ahead of the competition.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a certified Google Ads Specialist.